Make Lists - and Check Them Twice!
- Do I want to do it?
- Will it improve my holiday spirit?
- Will it ruin the holidays if I don’t do it?
- Is it worth the effort (Holiday Meals)?
- Do I honestly have time to do it (ex., make quilts for family members)?
- Am I worried about what people will think if I don’t do it?
Holiday Meals - Food for Thought
Yes, food traditions are important. Pick one or two and enjoy the holiday!
Just Say No!
- Baking and decorating 2 dozen cookies for each of your 7 children’s classes
- Searching for the perfect gift for everyone
- Hosting the family dinner for 35
- Installing the annual 10,000 light display
- Bringing your kids to every holiday event so they don’t miss out
The list is endless! Take care of your holiday spirit and say yes to what’s truly important!
What do you need to just say no to in order to have a more enjoyable holiday season?
'Tis the Season to Enjoy!
What do you want to enjoy this season?
If anxiety builds try “box” breathing:
- Inhale for a slow count of 4.
- Hold for a slow count of 4.
- Exhale for a slow count of 4.
- Repeat at least 3 times.
Begin Your Self-Care Routine Today!
- Exercise 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside a little “me” time.
- Give thanks (start a gratitude journal).
- Meditate 10 minutes (try the UCLA app).
- Sleep 7-9 hours (social media can wait!).
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, veggies, and lean proteins.
- Eat sweets in moderation (set limits before holiday events).
Add Stress-Busting Supplements to Your Routine!
- L-Theanine: promotes relaxation without affecting alertness
- Ashwagandha Extract: improves cortisol levels
- Active B Complex: improves mood, positively affects stress levels
- Rhodiola: supports adrenal glands, reduces occasional stress
- Panax Ginseng: helps with adapting to emotional stress
ASK DR. DORI WHICH SUPPLEMENTS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU!
Not all supplements are appropriate for all people. People with any health condition (ex., pregnant, nursing, diabetic, heart disease, etc.) are strongly urged to work with Dr. Dori to find the best choice for their unique needs.
Dr. Dori will enter your personalized stress protocol into Fullscript, which will simplify your supplement purchasing experience!
Lydia B. Blalock, Ph.D.
Dr. Blalock has taught stress management techniques at major universities and national and local conferences for almost 25 years. She is currently offering individual and group stress management education sessions for Shine Chiropractic in Lewisville, Texas.